Urth Apparel is a one-stop shop for the established brand, medium sized brand, or independent fashion design and design entrepreneur. We provide services in sourcing, product development and design, and manufacturing. For sourcing, we help you find textiles and raw materials. For product development, we provide pattern making, tech packs, labels, packaging, cut and sew, fitting, and samples. In manufacturing, we can handle all things garment related from cut to sew to logistics, and more.
We can also provide in stock fabrics for your use, via our sister company that sells fabric named Telas Project, or in-stock garments for your customization, on our sister company website named Basics Project.
Just looking to learn? That’s okay too! Check out our free online fashion school and blog, Urth Apparel Academy
Our clothing factory offers flexible MOQ’s. For mid-size and small brands, we recommend Grow Fast or Professional MOQs because they provide enough inventory to maintain low risk and still generate profits that you can reinvest in your brand. To view a table of our MOQ’s please visit our website on a desktop or laptop. Or contact us here for more information.
Our garment factory takes pride in offering fast lead times & creating custom strategies that fit you. Our average Lead time is 30-60 Days but this can vary depending on the project and client.
We completely understand the desire to know a little bit about price because at the end of the day, the profitability and price point is what defines garment success. It is hard to give a strong quotation without knowing more about what you are doing. Before asking for a quote, maybe you can provide us a little bit more about what you do. The main info we will need are:
- What garment?
- What fabric?
- Delivery Date?
- Is this a luxury, premium economy, or economy level?
- Is this a new brand?
You can find general information about pricing here.
We do not have a price brochure, unfortunately, as all of our pricing is custom made tailored to our clients’ needs. However, we do have a company profile brochure and garment catalog that we can provide. Just click here to view our brochures.
DESIGN AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT QUESTIONS
No, we do not accept raw materials provided by clients. We can accept a few items, like your tags and other trims. As a full-package manufacturer, we produce your fabric and make your clothing, handling all aspects related to your apparel manufacturing. Learn more about full-package apparel manufacturing here.
If you have any digital files such as patterns, tech packs, artwork etc. to provide us, please follow the below directions:
- Artwork (Logo, Tag file, Screen Print artwork…): .ai vector file or .tif
- Sketches: .pdf or .jpg
- Pattern: .mdl or .DXF (export in AMAA format) HEADS UP: please do not rename the file once exported in DXF because it could alter the information of the file)
- Marker: HPGL (if ready to print), PLX (if needs to be modified)
- Tech Packs: .pdf or .jpg Please rename all the files as follows:
- YourBrandName-Tag File-style (i.e Urth Apparel-Tag file-T-shirt Crew Neck or Urth Apparel-Sublimation-T-shirt Crew Neck)
- YourBrandName-Sketch-style (i.e Urth Apparel-Sketch-T-shirt Crew Neck)
- .mdl: YourBrandName-style (i.e Urth Apparel-T-shirt Crew Neck)
- .DXF: Maintain the automatic exportation name. – attach a legend with the marker information
- Maintain the automatic exportation name. – attach a legend with the marker information
- YourBrandName-Tech Pack-style (i.e Urth Apparel-Tech Pack-T-shirt Crew Neck)
- MOQ: Minimum Order Quantity
- MCQ: Minimum Color Quantity
- PD: Product Development
- MF: Manufacturing/ Production
SOURCING AND RAW MATERIALS
Yes. We offer two types of options:
- IN-STOCK Fabrics: this allows you to have access to the fabrics we do have in stock. The main products we have are knitted fabrics (jersey-interlock-fleece-french terry)
- Custom Fabrics: this is the service you need in case you have special requests. We will search for the fabric you want worldwide. Keep in mind that you will need to provide us with the exact information on the fabric you are looking for (composition/density/colors/finishing)
We only work with Pantone TCX Color Codes.
Please always send us the Pantone TCX codes as follows.Pantone Name + Codes in this case >>> Example: Greenery (15-0343 TCX)
Heads Up: It is important you clearly communicate if you are aiming to produce a SOLID color or a HEATHER color. FYI: Heather colors have higher MOQ and prices. So please let us know in order for us to properly quote your garments. Thanks!
Natural fabrics -such as cotton, silk and wool – are made of animal or plant-based fibres.
Synthetics are man-made and produced entirely from chemicals to create fabrics like polyester, rayon, acrylic, and many others. Those fibres are known for durability.
Pima Cotton fibers are longer in respect to the conventional cotton ones. This means that, once the fiber is twisted in order to create a thread, it will pill less (Through the spinning and weaving processes that turn raw cotton crops into finished material, a longer fiber length means that fewer fiber ends are exposed on the surface). A less pilling thread allows you to realize a smooth fabric that’s soft to the touch, wrinkle-resistant, and ultra-durable.
Pima cotton has a longer life expectancy than other cotton products.
It’s suggested for people who have sensitive skin, kidswear and underwear.
Pima Cotton is originally from Peru, which is still one of the main producers up to nowadays.
Yes. We offer two types of options:
- IN-STOCK fabrics: this allows you to have access to the fabrics we do have in stock. The main products we have are knitted fabrics (jersey-interlock-fleece-french terry)
- NOT IN-STOCK fabrics: this is the service you need in case you have special requests. We will search for the fabric you want worldwide.
Keep in mind that you will need to provide us with the exact information on the fabric you are looking for (composition / density / colors / finishing).
TECHNICAL AND CREATIVE DESIGN
PATTERN MAKING AND SIZING
- Pattern Drafting, also known as Pattern Making, is the process of creating 2-D flat pieces of cardstock paper that can be used to cut the fabric, which will then be sewn together to form a 3-D garment.
- This is a key step in guaranteeing a great fit!
- It is the physical manifestation of the pattern that will enable our team to make your sample and go forward into production.
We do work with digital pattern making software, yes. We kindly ask you to provide us your pattern in .MDL or .DXF format. In case you decide to send it in DXF kindly export it in AAMA format and do not change the file name once exported (this could alter the file)
If you want to provide us directly with the marker please send it in one of the following formats:
- HPGL (if ready to print)
- PLX (if needs to be modified)
Pattern realization is different from garment to garment Please see the below for some general estimates about how long it takes to update a pattern:
- T-shirt (K-W-U-M) x 2h
- Tank Top (K-W-U-M) x1h
- Underwear _ Bottom Part (K-W-U-M) x2h
- Bra (K-W) x3h
- Trousers (K-W-U-M) x 3h
- Dress (K-W-U-M) x 3.5h
- Jacket (K-W-U-M) x 4.5h
- Jacket (w/ lining) (K-W-U-M) x 6h
- Hat (K-W-U-M) x 2.5h
Keep in mind that the hours expressed above are only for reference. Every garment is different and can comport different realization time.
FSR stands for Full Size Range. This means that when we realize a FSR in:
- Pattern Making: We are grading the pattern. (i.e. the sample is in size M, but we grade the pattern to obtain sizes S,M,L,XL for production)
- Sample Making: we will sample all the sizes you are producing.
No, we cannot copy another brand’s garment. However, we can draw inspiration from it and provide something innovative and similar for your brand.
1. Source the raw materials used in your reference garment (we will make our best in order to find the most similar options we can)
2. Copy the pattern in order to reproduce the style and fit.
All the above we can do, but our suggestion is to always personalize your product in order to make it unique.
Construction-wise (sewing) it depends on the type of garment you want us to realize. For example, a t-shirt is for sure easier and therefore faster to sew than a lined coat.
What is mandatory to keep into consideration is the raw material sourcing. If you want us to use an in-stock fabric, we will just need to locate it in our warehouse, without incurring in the sourcing process. Sourcing is the main variable and can take different timing.
Of course we can.
If you have placed a production order this service will be included.
If you want to receive it before, during your product development, you will need to purchase the service for grading realization.
Either way, the size grading will include the main measurements of your garments and will be sent to you for approval.
Yes, you can. You will just need to purchase an FSR (full-size range).
We do not normally recommend this option due to the fact that it is not very cost-effective.
PRINTING & DYEING
- Screen Print
- Water Based ink
- Laser Print
The production quote is provided by our costing & finance department. If you have key elements defined, like your tech pack, fabric, pattern, sample, or raw materials, send them to [email protected] or use our contact page. Our team can provide a quote within 24-48 hours.
If you do not have these key elements defined, we can help you define them so we can arrive at a production quotation that fits your business.
If you have a big production run with many units (over X units), yes, you can ask to receive the TOP.
We do not normally allow clients with small quantity production to purchase the TOP. This is because if the production is small, it means that the time gap between the start and the end of the production is very short. For this reason there is no need to have a sample that will be finished 5-6 days before the whole production.
There is no obligatory number. What we ask you though, is to keep the size distribution optimized for the production. How do you do that? Keep a common denominator through all your sizes. Kindly see example below:
- Total Units: 4,000
- Size Range: S-M-L-XL
- Size Distribution: (S – 500) (M – 1,500) (L – 1,000) (XL – 1,000)
We provide 2 standard packing options:
Each garment will be inserted in a plastic bag obtained from recycled Polyester.
More garments having the same details (style/color/composition/print/size) will be inserted in one big plastic Bag obtained from recycled Polyester. We always recommend this option in case.
- A. your warehouse will custom pack your garment again
- B. you want to choose a more sustainable option.
The quote includes a clear poly-bag wrap for each individual unit.
The cost of hang tags is normally not considered. We can produce these for you. We simply need a sample of your current tag or a design file + aimed material (heads up: our designers can also propose). Your garment quote includes one brand/size tag!
We can take care of all your shipping needs for you. We offer two methods of shipping –
- Via courier if we’re sending small packages (samples, tag books, fabric headers).
- Via 3PL (3rd party logistics) if we’re sending your bulk production.
Conversely, we can work with your courier account or freight forwarding company if you are already working with one.
Please note that this is a separate service.
Prices can vary depending on some elemental factors:
- Overall volumetric weight
- Freight method (air, ocean)
- Current fuel prices We do our very best to keep costs to a minimum. We do have a better cost projection towards the end of your development.